As the name suggests, an adjustable wrench can be adjusted to fit a variety of components, such as nuts, bolts, fasteners, or whatever the wrench is used to fasten or loosen. But, why do you need an adjustable wrench?
Benefits of using an adjustable wrench
Versatile: While standard wrenches can only be used on a specific size of component, adjustable wrenches are more versatile and can fit a much wider variety of sizes and shapes. For More Information Please Visit: https://yijinsolution.com/
Also known as an adjustable spanner or adjustable crescent, an adjustable wrench has a jaw that can be with a screw that can be turned to increase or decrease the capacity of the jaw. Adjustable wrenches are popularly used in many sectors like the construction and automobile sector, where a large number of fastener sizes are available to maintain.
No room for error: While shopping for the right wrench to fit a bolt, it is normal to get confused and buy the wrong size. However, with the adjustable wrench you need not worry about this situation and can go for any adjustable wrench.
Can be easily used by beginners: If you are a beginner, go for the adjustable wrench. You need not worry about spending money on an array of wrenches and the trouble of choosing the right one for your application. You can use your adjustable wrench on a wide variety of fastener sizes.
Need not keep a large number of tools: Why lug a tool kit with many wrenches when you can buy one adjustable wrench and use it on a number of fasteners. An adjustable wrench is an absolute space saver for your tool box.
One disadvantage of an adjustable wrench is that it can be a bit large when you need to fit it into tight spaces. When compared to a standard wrench, the head size of an adjustable wrench is on the larger side. However, you can go for an adjustable wrench with a smaller head if you need to use it in narrow spaces.
How to use an adjustable wrench
The following steps show how to use an adjustable wrench
- So, what do you want to tighten or loosen? Is it a nut, bolt, pipe or fastener? Identify it.
- A screw mechanism in the adjustable wrench opens the jaw of the wrench by turning it. Place the nut that you need to fit in; if it needs to be opened further, you need do to do it. Please note to open a bit more than the size of the nut.
- Now, place the open jaw over the nut to firmly hold it in place. You have to turn the screw mechanism so that it clamps tightly around the nut.
- Turn clockwise to tighten the wrench. To loosen it turn the wrench counter-clockwise. Continue to turn the nut until it becomes tight or loose enough to remove.
- The last step is to remove the wrench by loosening the screw mechanism. Stow your tool in a safe place.
Need an adjustable wrench to add to your tool box? RS Components have an array of wrenches that are available in different materials, finishes, shapes, sizes, handle lengths, jaw sizes, etc. To know more about our adjustable wrenches and buy the best one to fit your requirement, visit our website.